Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Tourists: Misys Friends

On the last week of August, dear friends from Manila who were also my former officemates in Misys came to Singapore to spend holiday and to forget the world of fixing even for just few days. The whole cast were Harold, Ryan, GJ, William, Tamie, Shelley and Megi. I picked them up at the airport at around 5:30 in the afternoon on a Saturday. Also present that day to pick them up was Tamie's brother JP and was in charged of the accomodation of the girls.

I brought them first at the Esplanade and Merlion parks. We spent almost 2 hours on that place as three of them were included in the massive era of photography and as expected, there were almost a hundred shots on a single spot... hehehe... After a while, Louisa showed up (supposed to be included in the group but went ahead of them with her other close friends) to spend special times with Harold. We were all hungry afterwards then we headed to Clarke Quay to have our dinner in Jumbo Seafoods Restaurant. We ordered a lot so in return, we were all satisfied with the foods and the main meals that we had were Chili Crab and Black Pepper Crab.

We spent the rest of the night by roaming the vicinity of Clarke Quay and their curiosity was awaken by these two rides namely GMAX Ultimate Bungy and GMAX Xtreme Swing. Since I had this headache (wushu palusot), I decided not to join them on riding these machines. In the end, the brave ones who had the courage and strenght to face the challenge were Shelley and the lovers in Clarke Quay Harold and Louisa. I saw on their face that they really enjoyed it while the "matatakutins" (I'm not included since I had a headache) were just sitting and staring at them. It was so late so we decided to call it a day and took a rest. The boys stayed in my room and thank God walang naghihilik!

The next day was a rainy morning and we were supposed to hear a mass but the boys woke up so late. So we had breakfast first in McDonald's and moved towards to Chinatown where we waited for the girls. When the gang was complete, they had a quick shopping around the place. They took some souvenirs and "pasalubongs". The next mission was to have lunch and our feet took us to Funan Digitalife Mall and it's food court was the answer to our cravings. The very rich kid Ryan bought a laptop after the meal and we went to JP's flat to leave some things and of course the laptop of the very rich kid Ryan so that touring the Singapore Zoo and Night Safari will be comfortable for them. I left them on the bus stop took them to the animal kingdom and as for me, I took a nap in my house as I was very very tired. I met with them again at around 9 in the evening and had a late dinner at McDonald's Lucky Plaza. I was informed that Harold did not enter the zoo and safari, instead he met his love of his life Louisa and they became lovers in Orchard.

On the third day, it was a short stint with the gang as most of them went again to JP's place to leave some things and we all met (with the exception of Louisa) in Vivocity. I treated them in this restaurant called "Bosses" and at first we were all intimidated as most of the people there were wearing formal suites and dresses while we were in shirts and jeans. Also, we kept on taking shots inside the place but it was not allowed and we were advised by this certain order taker. We ordered a lot compared to others who were very solemn on their small amount of foods. Well, we don't care, we enjoyed the food and the heck, we don't know them. After that super busog lunch, I accompanied them on the ticket booth for their Sentosa adventure then we parted ways as it was time for me to rest as I'm not feeling well that time. After that Sentosa moment, it was time for them to leave Singapura.


Post a Comment

Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Coupons